Wednesday, May 26, 2010

BK~Where I had my meeting

Years ago, I helped open this Burger King. When the construction was complete but nothing was yet put in (no equipment,no furniture...nothing) we began holding interviews to hire and train for this new store. It was here where I experienced the day of the Northridge quake. Like many around us,we lost power on our block. Me and the other manager went to go work at one of the two BKs in our district that still had power to help with the massive flow of customers coming in. So many people lined up and out the door. We shut the drive thru because we couldn't keep up. We had food product transferred in from the stores that were closed because we wanted to serve as many as we could and not let the product go to waste at the same time. It was an amazing scene...with lines of people,burgers and fries everywhere, and aftershocks.

*not the best picture but it's where I was at today*

1 comment: